TRAIN THE TRAINER
Learn to Effectively Train the Trainer
The Train the Trainer course has been designed for individuals who are new to training and program development or for those who want to develop their existing skills in this area. This course gives you new skills and knowledge in all areas of training and group presentations.
This course will guide you through different learning styles and theories used in training and presentation.
At the end of this workshop, participants will have:
• Identified the value of training and how it helps individuals and organisations
• Explored different learning styles of individuals and various learning theories
• Evaluate how to design a training course
• Learned the main do’s and don’ts of delivering a successful course
• Practiced preparing and delivering short presentations on course
• Received feedback and advice from the trainer and peers
• Prepared an action plan for your continued improvement as a trainer
HANDY COURSE INFORMATION
1. Our courses are well written and easy to understand and follow.
2. Approx. 3 to 5 hours of study is required to complete the course.
3. Use our simple workbook to complete activities and exercises.
4. Unlimited, lifetime access to course material.
5. Access our complete on-line system and study from your PC, tablet or smartphone.
6. Study at your own time, at your own pace and anywhere where you feel comfortable.
7. All course material can be downloaded and printer friendly for your computer or viewing on your favourite device.
8. You will be awarded a Certificate of Completion on passing your self-assessed assessment.
How to I enrol to study online?
Once you enrolled in one of our courses, you will receive an automated email with your URL login address, passwords and a easy tutorial on how to complete your course online. With this, you will be able to access your material 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Back Up and Support
If you have any problems with the course or learning material, you can contact our support via email and you will receive a response within 24 hours from our friendly support staff.
Our courses are made easy with easy to follow workbooks, activites and exercises. Every student will receive a Certificate of Completion once they have successfully completed the course and will receive a print friendly Certificate via email.
UNITS OF STUDY
– Key to Icons
Session 1: Introduction
– Course Objectives
– ‘Find someone who…’
– Course introductions: Some other ways to start a course
Session 2: What makes a good training course?
– Case Study One
– Case Study Two
– The ‘perfect’ training course
– So just what is training?
– Mini Quiz:
– A trainer’s various hats
Session 3: The Learner
– The Active Learner, the Reluctant Learner and the Passive Learner
– Learning experiences – 1
– Learning experiences – 2
– What contributes to a poor learning experience?
– How people learn?
– What makes a good learner?
Session 4: Learning theories & learning styles
– Establishing need in the mind of the learner
– How to do you identify the training needs of your teams?
– Let’s learn something about learning
– The hard cases
– Groups or individuals?
– Handling groups
Session 5: Basics of Training Delivery
– ‘Why are we doing this?’
– Activities in the training room
– Activities in the training room: Designing a Short Session
Session 6: Exploring Training Methods and Techniques
– Types of training methods (1)
– Types of training methods (2)
– Giving instructions
– Energisers and refreshers
– Anecdotes, or stories
– ‘Does it make sense?’ Sensory learning preference and task type
– Presenting information
– The dos and don’ts of delivery
Session 7: The Trainer
– What type of trainer are you?
– What type of trainer are you? (2)
Session 8: Presentation & feedback skills for trainers
– Feedback skills
– Negative feedback, or constructive criticism
– Presentation skills in the training room
– Picking up on signs from the learner (body language)
– Finally, evaluating your training
Session 9: Training Resources
– My dream training room
– How do you create a safe learning environment?
– Training Resources
– Training Resources (2)
– Positive things about being a trainer
Session 10: Personal action plan and course evaluation
– Your Personal Plan of Action
– What happens tomorrow?
– Appendix A: General training room checklist
– Appendix B: Trainer’s kit
– Appendix C: Room Layout: possible arrangements
– Appendix D: Classical learning theory
– Appendix E: Bloom’s hierarchy of learning
– Appendix E: Bloom’s hierarchy of learning (2)
– Appendix F: Kolb’s learning cycle
– Appendix F: The learning cycle … continued
– Appendix G: Sensory learning preferences
– Appendix G: Sensory learning preferences … continued
– Appendix H: Stages of learning
– Appendix I: Context-specific learning
– Appendix J: Multiple Intelligences (Gardner)
– Appendix K: Analysing Training Needs
– Appendix L: Dos and don’ts of training delivery
– Appendix M: Some Useful Readings
– Article: A Question of Learning
– Article: B Introduction to Learning Styles
– Article: C How Adults Learn
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE COURSE
It is advisable that students have basic literacy and numeracy skills.
Open entry – Previous schooling and/or academic achievements are not necessary to enter this course.
Students will need access to a computer and broadband internet.
Minimum specifications for the computer are:
• Microsoft Windows XP or Google Chrome.
• Up to date Browser (Internet Explorer 8 or later, Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
• Broadband Internet
• Mountain Lion/OSX/iOS 6 or later
• Up to date Browser (Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari)
• Broadband Internet
Students will also need access the following applications:
• Adobe Acrobat Reader
Provider: Freedom Institute Australia
Course ID No: CP-TRATHE-103
Delivery Mode: Online
Course Access: Unlimited lifetime access to course material
Time Required: Study at your own pace
Qualification: Certificate of Attainment
Review reviews review reviews Review reviews review reviews Review reviews review reviews Review , Courses, Online, Training, Education, Advise, Information, Help, Good, Bad, Advisor, word of mouth, Review, Reviews, Courses, Online, Training, Education, Train the Trainer, Train the Trainer, Train the Trainer, Train the Trainer, Train the Trainer, Train the Trainer, Train the Trainer, Train the Trainer, Train the Trainer, Train the Trainer, Train the Trainer, Train the Trainer, Train the Trainer, Train the Trainer, Train the Trainer, Train the Trainer, Train the Trainer, Train the Trainer, Train the Trainer, Train the Trainer, Train the Trainer, Train the Trainer, Train the Trainer, Train the Trainer, Train the Trainer, Train the Trainer, Train the Trainer, Train the Trainer, Train the Trainer, Train the Trainer, Train the Trainer, Train the Trainer, Train the Trainer, Train the Trainer, Train the Trainer, Train the Trainer, Train the Trainer, Advise, Information, Help, Good, Bad, Advisor, word of mouth Freedom Institute Australia