MANAGING HUMAN RESOURCES
Learn to Manage Human Resources to Improve Your Company
Welcome to the Human Resource Management workshop. The role of Human Resources is changing, as companies delegate more and more responsibility for their HR to line managers and supervisors. Other, usually larger companies however still have a dedicated HR department which deals with all the companies’ human recourses responsibilities.
Whichever type of company you work for, it is important that you understand how much human resources is really about the employees, as well as aspects of legislation, policy, and procedures that involve human resourcing issues.
At the end of this workshop, participants should be able to:
• Describe different aspects of Human Resource Management
• Define Human Resources Management terms
• Recruit, interview, and retain employees
• Follow up effectively new employees
• Be an advocate for your employees’ health and safety
• Provide articulate feedback to employees
• Correctly manage situations requiring discipline and termination
• Evaluate some of the strengths and opportunities for Human Resources in your own workplace
HANDY COURSE INFORMATION
1. Our courses are well written and easy to understand and follow.
2. Approx. 3 to 5 hours of study is required to complete the course.
3. Use our simple workbook to complete activities and exercises.
4. Unlimited, lifetime access to course material.
5. Access our complete on-line system and study from your PC, tablet or smartphone.
6. Study at your own time, at your own pace and anywhere where you feel comfortable.
7. All course material can be downloaded and printer friendly for your computer or viewing on your favourite device.
8. You will be awarded a Certificate of Completion on passing your self-assessed assessment.
How to I enrol to study online?
Once you enrolled in one of our courses, you will receive an automated email with your URL login address, passwords and a easy tutorial on how to complete your course online. With this, you will be able to access your material 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Back Up and Support
If you have any problems with the course or learning material, you can contact our support via email and you will receive a response within 24 hours from our friendly support staff.
Our courses are made easy with easy to follow workbooks, activites and exercises. Every student will receive a Certificate of Completion once they have successfully completed the course and will receive a print friendly Certificate via email.
UNITS OF STUDY
Section One: Getting Started
– Workshop Objectives
Section Two: What is HR?
– Human Resources in 2010?
– Human Resource Influencers
Section Three: Recruiting and Interviewing
– Interview for what exactly?
– Setting the scene to Interview
– Five Steps to a Successful Interview
– Behaviourally Based Questions
Section Four: Induction and Retention
– Start as you mean to go on
– Induction/Orientation Checklist
Section Five: Keeping Track
– The Follow Up
– Follow Up Schedules
– Scary Statistics
Section Six: Health & Safety in the Workplace
– Why all the urgency?
– Understanding the Industry Specific Rules of your Country
– Training for HR Managers
Section Seven: Workplace Discrimination & Harassment
– Bullying in the Workplace
– A Manager has Responsibilities
– An Employer has Greater Responsibility
Section Eight: Wellness in the Workplace
– The Business Benefits of Wellness in the Workplace
– Steps to Implementing a Wellness Program
Section Nine: Feedback
– Characteristics of Good Feedback
– Constructive Criticism
– Encouraging Growth and Development
Section Ten: Employee Discipline
– The General Discipline Process
– Progressive Discipline
– How to Prepare & Conduct Disciplinary Meetings
– Following Up
Section Eleven: The Dreaded D Word
– Making the Decision
– What to Say When Terminating an Employee
Section Twelve: Wrapping Up
– Words from the Wise
– Action Plans and Evaluations
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE COURSE
It is advisable that students have basic literacy and numeracy skills.
Open entry – Previous schooling and/or academic achievements are not necessary to enter this course.
Students will need access to a computer and broadband internet.
Minimum specifications for the computer are:
• Microsoft Windows XP or Google Chrome.
• Up to date Browser (Internet Explorer 8 or later, Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
• Broadband Internet
• Mountain Lion/OSX/iOS 6 or later
• Up to date Browser (Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari)
• Broadband Internet
Students will also need access the following applications:
• Adobe Acrobat Reader
Provider: Freedom Institute Australia
Course ID No: CP-MANHUM-117
Delivery Mode: Online
Course Access: Unlimited lifetime access to course material
Time Required: Study at your own pace
Qualification: Certificate of Attainment
Review reviews review reviews Review reviews review reviews Review reviews review reviews Review , Courses, Online, Training, Education, Advise, Information, Help, Good, Bad, Advisor, word of mouth, Review, Reviews, Courses, Online, Training, Education, Managing Human Resources, Managing Human Resources, Managing Human Resources, Managing Human Resources, Managing Human Resources, Managing Human Resources, Managing Human Resources, Managing Human Resources, Managing Human Resources, Managing Human Resources, Managing Human Resources, Managing Human Resources, Managing Human Resources, Managing Human Resources, Managing Human Resources, Managing Human Resources, Managing Human Resources, Managing Human Resources, Managing Human Resources, Managing Human Resources, Managing Human Resources, Managing Human Resources, Managing Human Resources, Managing Human Resources, Managing Human Resources, Advise, Information, Help, Good, Bad, Advisor, word of mouth Freedom Institute Australia